Iraqi Dinar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#####There is more to this story than the Title......Kobler's «life»: the United Nations Mission does not support calls «beheadings and Fallujah events confirm that the government not to over-react

Go down

#####There is more to this story than the Title......Kobler's «life»: the United Nations Mission does not support calls «beheadings and Fallujah events confirm that the government not to over-react Empty #####There is more to this story than the Title......Kobler's «life»: the United Nations Mission does not support calls «beheadings and Fallujah events confirm that the government not to over-react

Post  Admin Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:25 pm

28-01-2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -
BAGHDAD - Abdul Wahid Tohme

Ambassador Martin Kobler, Special Envoy of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Baghdad, the UN Mission in Iraq is not in a position to take a position of the demands of the demonstrators, denied that he had downplayed their significance.

He stressed that the religious leaders «share» vision not to go towards violence and resolve differences through dialogue and peaceful means.

Kuebler declined in remarks to Al-Hayat launched calls for the beheading of local officials in the provinces experiencing protests, and urged the demonstrators to exercise their right to peaceful protest, and stressed that Iraq and in most of its obligations towards Kuwait.

In response to charges by the protesters to take a pro-government at the expense of their demands, said Kuebler: «We in the United Nations Mission not in a position to take a position from demands of the demonstrators, and I said that all the demands must be taken seriously and must be addressed and discussed» .

He added: «There are demands to be addressed and respond urgently and other need time», and «the things that need to be addressed quickly launch prisons and detainees and refer covered by the decisions demobilization of the job to retire and return of property seized under the law of accountability and justice».

He continued: «I heard that some of the detainees got the release decisions, but still imprisoned.

He added: «The other things that require more time are discussions of such a general amnesty laws and the fight against terrorism. All parties come to the dialogue table building and talk about different things and this in itself takes time.

Kuebler explained: «I said that to everyone to exercise utmost restraint and the government should exercise restraint in dealing with the demonstrators.

On the position of the clashes in Fallujah the day before yesterday and fell where dead and wounded protesters and security forces, he said: «events Fallujah yesterday (last night) confirms that the government not to over-reaction and the respect for human rights».

However: «On the other hand our message to the protesters that they have the right to protest to take place in a peaceful framework.

And his movements between the religious leaders of the Shiites and Sunnis and nominated her in regards to the protests, said: «religious reference shared vision not to go towards violence and resolve differences through dialogue and peaceful means, and that the country state federal and one according to the Constitution, and also agree with us on the need to achieve economic development and securing Food and drinking water.

He continued: «We believe that the authorities in Najaf and Sunni clerics have a role to play. I told them that the growing concern of the United Nations about what is going on now and the need to find a political solution, the fact that stability is an important factor and a major key and detailed in economic development.

Abizaid: «the country in need of an economic renaissance and half of the population are young people under the age of eighteen are looking for jobs, so there is an urgent need for growth and prosperity, and political responsibility to achieve the required stability. A large proportion of the population living on two dollars a day and this is not good in a country with the third largest oil reserves in the world.

Kobler also stressed rejected calls to violence, including claims in Anbar Square protests against the backdrop of the events of Fallujah, and said: «a student speakers to behead the governor and police chief. We are not with calls for beheadings, and to all law-abiding, and violence is totally unacceptable, especially sectarian, and if any person who committed a crime should be brought to justice and tried according to the law. I was ambassador in Baghdad in 2006 and 2007 and I saw the civil war, so I do everything in my power to prevent a return to sectarian fighting.

The Kubler optimism about the imminent remove Iraq from Chapter provisions of Chapter VII, stressing: «significant progress was made in the majority of files Chapter VII, can not get out of the penalty provisions without having met all its requirements, which are divided into four joints: the first border, a file most sensitive , where there is now maintenance operations struts border, and the second to compensate farmers, and work is underway currently, and detailed the third issue of compensation amounting to $ 51 billion, has pushed Iraq about three quarters, and the remainder of this amount is equal to nearly thirteen billion, which is the last step for Iraq to get out of this item, where deliberations are under way in the Security Council and the many debates calls to relay detailed IV, which is a file missing persons and Kuwaiti archives of Chapter VII to the sixth, and the decision is up here to the Council and not to Iraq or Kuwait.

Read more: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php%3Fid%3D86504&usg=ALkJrhiCF7561hlsXvkj8t3ndAqlMDeDlg#ixzz2JI8BZulj

Admin
Admin

https://iraqidinar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down