Iraqi Dinar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016

Go down

Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016 Empty Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016

Post  Admin Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:06 am

Speech by the Secretary General of the UN text
03/26/2016

Mr. Speaker Dr. Salim al-Jubouri
Gentlemen, members of the Iraqi Council of Representatives

HE attendance
Ladies and gentlemen: Hello my sisters and my brothers

It is a great honor to be here again in Iraq, the cradle of civilizations, this time with Mr. Jim Yong Kim, president of the World Bank President Islamic Development Bank and Mr. Ahmed civil
Thank you very much for the warm welcome you, thank you very much

It is a great honor for me personally and officially as Secretary-General of the United Nations to talk to you deputies to the great people of the people of Iraq.

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to start first to extend my condolences warm for all Iraqis, especially the families and friends of those who died in the football stadium yesterday in the Alexandria area south of Baghdad terror Esttna one that targets civilians in the rule of time and place and wants to kill as many as yesterday there were bystanders and attend the football field before it was dozens of civilians waiting at the security control and there was also a target

Ladies and gentlemen, members of the House of Representatives is the second time I visit Iraq, as Secretary-General of the United Nations in the past ten years I watched Iraq hard moments Iraqis live lives lost in the conflict and the difficult conditions for them so you must all Maalana for staged next generation is looking forward to a brighter future

There are nearly twenty thousand civilians were killed from January 2014 to December 2015 alone. And displaced more than three million Iraqis from their homes, and ten million need urgent humanitarian assistance. And made violent extremists who may have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity, and even genocide, which the depth of instability and insecurity.

Throughout these ten years, I have seen with my own eyes the indomitable spirit and resilience of the Iraqi people.

The United Nations stands with the Iraqis, at every step of the journey towards peace, stability and prosperity.

Mr. Speaker,
The members of the House of Representatives,
After the emergence of Daash across northern and western Iraq, we are now seeing encouraging progress on the ground. It was liberated large areas of Iraq, including Ramadi.

We commend the courage of the Iraqi security forces, the Peshmerga, the popular crowd and tribal fighters that impressive. Fdaash lose its attractiveness to local communities in Iraq.

Many Iraqis, both combatants and civilians have made great sacrifices and tragic loss to get to this point. I would like to express my sincere condolences to their families, friends and colleagues.

I also wish to pay tribute to this Parliament and its role in Iraq's stability and peace-building in the future, and since my last visit, I had upheld the law in 2016 is important legislation and other important budget.

In spite of the gains made, Iraqis continue to face tough challenges Fdaash is a determined enemy that adapts its strategy to cause maximum damage and terrorism. The recent horrific attacks targeted at funerals, markets and places of worship in Baghdad, Muqdadiyah and Sadr City are clearly to undermine the unity of the Iraqi people.

Mr. Speaker,
Gentlemen Parliamentarians,

Daash will not be defeated by military means alone being gained strength by exploiting divisions and grievances and appeal to people who felt marginalized and the disadvantaged and the Iraqis can only win the fight against Daash by addressing these issues from the root.
First, I call on all political leaders here today to continue your efforts towards a single unified vision to achieve national reconciliation in Iraq.

These must be based on the vision of unity and harmony and meet the aspirations of all the sons of the Iraqi people. And it should include women, youth and minority leaders, and representatives of all communities. The major legislative reforms, including the Justice and Accountability Act, the proposed general amnesty and the establishment of the National Guard.

The spirit of compromise must be extended to ensure that the executive and legislative branches including the work of the parliamentary blocs to work closely together to support the prime minister, who is working on the application for the treatment of multiple crises faced by the reforms.

Secondly, I urge you to be the face of Daash and all other security operations firmly based on international law and human rights in particular, and humanitarian law.

There are reports of continuing arbitrary arrests, killings and destruction of property in the liberated areas, and attempts to prevent the displaced people, including ethnic and religious minorities, from returning to their homes and I am encouraged that the Prime Minister had expressed his concern and has taken action in this regard.

Third, the battle against Daash resources weighed heavily on services, including education and health care that are no longer able to wait Meeting the human development needs is essential to peace and security in Iraq and the economic reforms and anti-corruption measures and diversification of the economy will help generate employment opportunities and initiate projects investment and the provision of services that are vital to the stability of Iraq.

President Kim and I am here to assure you of the support of the international community for these programs and the United Nations and the World Bank are your partners in this journey.

Fourth I urge you to focus your efforts on the restoration of the state and the local authority, and the rule of law, good governance and the provision of services to the liberated areas of Daash as soon as possible and is the best way to make sure the re-displaced by the conflict, including minorities and ethnic groups, and to return voluntarily and peacefully, to achieve plan for the return of 900 000 people to their places of origin this year.

The United Nations has provided assistance to achieve stability in Tikrit and the role and assistance in setting conditions for the voluntary return of hundreds of thousands of people in the newly liberated areas of Daash The United Nations humanitarian support to Iraqis for the millions every month, and offered to provide technical support to mines and other explosives to remove. We will continue all this work, under the leadership of the Iraqi government.

Fifth, I invite you all to continue the dialogue and partnership on these key issues with peers across the country, particularly in the Kurdistan region. And I will emphasize this when I visit Erbil later today on Baghdad and Erbil follow successful joint security efforts against Daash with the dialogue on energy and economic cooperation and the sharing of revenues.

These five key points included were in the action plan to prevent violent extremism presented to the United Nations General Assembly earlier this year and the plan is based on a practical and comprehensive approach to address the drivers of violent extremism and puts forward more than 70 recommendations for concerted action at the global, regional and national levels .

I urge the Iraqis to become leaders in a global partnership to combat this scourge.

Mr president,

Gentlemen Parliamentarians,
No country can face these enormous challenges and Hdhou call on Iraq's neighbors and regional partners and the wider international community to provide full support for the battle against Iraq Daash, reconstruction and stability.

I urge all Iraqis to participate and cooperate in this wonderful country with each other, for the good of all. I ask every Iraqi - and in particular the elected representatives of the Iraqi people - to take responsibility in protecting the future of your country and an end to cronyism and corruption, which can only lead to more years of misery.

I guarantee you that I will continue to work for peace, stability and prosperity in Iraq until my last day Bmansbi.

I hope and I believe that with the support of the United Nations and the international community, we will see the best of times and Iraq must fulfill his promise to become an economic and cultural force in the heart of this region despite the current challenges and future needs hard work, from the Iraqi people the good.

I am confident that Iraq will recover and achieve victory, God willing.

http://ar.parliament.iq/LiveWebsites/Arabic/Container.aspx?PressReleasesID=31603

Admin
Admin

https://iraqidinar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016 Empty Re: Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016

Post  Admin Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:10 am

House adds secretary - general of the United Nations and the World Bank President and Chairman of the Islamic Bank
03/26/2016

Guest House of Representatives at its nineteenth regular , headed by Dr. Salim al - President of the Council and in the presence of 267 deputies Today Saturday, 26.03.2016, Messrs . Ban Ki - moon , Secretary General of the United Nations and Jim Yong Kim , president of the World Bank and civil Ahmed , chairman of Islamic Bank in finished reading the first and second of three Laws.

At the outset of hosting President al-Jubouri said that the historic visit of the Secretary General of the United Nations and the President Alddola Bank and head of the Islamic Bank expresses the international community's solidarity with Iraq and standing by his side in the face of extremism.

Mr. Speaker noted in his speech during the meeting that the Iraqi people trying to live in the homeland of peace, love and walk towards the sustainable development dominated people are determined to face the challenges and the fight against terrorism and confront the terrorists who now face the international community through Macamwa its bombings in more than one country noting that the visit comes at a time when Iraq is going through a real test for the hard work to serve the people and fight terrorism.

Mr. Jubouri said that Iraq has a firm determination to continue liberalization and economic reforms, community reconciliation and integrate the political process upon which to build the governance system in Iraq with the United Nations strategy, which represents an important transmission, in order to reduce the level of poverty in the world and to enable democracy and sustainable development the government.

President al-Jubouri said that Iraq believes in the post-Daash stage depending on the energies of local communities and their ability to cope with terrorism, pointing out that the reactivation of the integration of international aid to international development programs and continue the World Bank with developing countries is especially important that Iraq and the region is going through a struggle raging and cross-border requires the construction of governments inclusive of all components.

Mr. Speaker and display the vision to get rid of terrorism, based on strengthening the social fabric, sustainable development and rely on the military and political foundations and economic integrated with each other with judicial notch local communities, alluding to the need to be investing in human potential and enormous fabric of tribal and support in the liberation of their areas of Daash.

President al-Jubouri He noted that the political strategy is based on the adoption of community reconciliation which are the basis for national reconciliation with the adoption of the idea of ​​decentralization and the provision of services and reconstruction, security in all of Iraq, pointing to the importance of the United Nations, the World Bank and the Islamic Development Bank in this regard the role and expressed his hope that Iraq shall have the share the task of allocations and programs amounting to $ 20 million from the World Bank, noting that Iraq had reached a maximum carrying capacity of the borders and the need is now urgent for the UN 's cooperation with local governments for the reconstruction of liberated areas. (text of the speech)

In his speech during the meeting through Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General Kofi Annan expressed his happiness to visit Iraq, offering condolences to the Iraqi people, especially the families and friends of the victims of the football field.

The Secretary-General of the United Nations to terrorism Esttna one and targets civilians everywhere, adding that the UN would support the steadfastness great patience to the people of Iraq, noting that after the emergence of Daash in the north and west of Iraq, we now see significant progress as has been edited several areas courage of the security forces the crowd and popular fighters clans, praising the role of the parliament in achieving peace and stability and the ratification of important laws, pointing out that the Iraqis are facing great challenges, despite the progress, in fact, especially if the organization Daash terrorist enemy targets innocent as that Daash can not be defeated by military means only, but by going to the people and an end to marginalization and address the roots of the crisis.

Mr. Ban Ki-moon called on all leaders in Iraq to reach a common vision of national reconciliation based on the unity and adjustments and serve the aspirations of the people, especially the young and minorities, urging the reform of the judiciary and the enactment of the founding of the National Guard and reconciliation with the importance of the military operations carried out in a suit with the international law in the liberated areas .

The Secretary-General of the United Nations on the importance of diversification of the economy and the fight against corruption, which Thoudy United Nations and World Bank support, stressing the international community and the UN's commitment to the implementation of the special return of the displaced programs and providing humanitarian support and stabilize the areas that were under the control of Daash, adding that Baghdad and Arbil are working together on the basis of the economic dialogue and cooperation.

Mr. Ban Ki-moon pointed to the importance of the work with the help of member states to overcome terrorism, noting that the United Nations has developed recommendations on the local and international level Mmaystdei Iraq to be a pioneer in the field of international cooperation, calling on Iraq's neighbors and the international community to support him and help him in the face Daash.

Secretary General of the United Nations and urged members of the House of Representatives to the fight against corruption and an end to cronyism, pointing out that Iraq could become an important economic hub in the region , despite significant challenges. (Text of the speech)

For his part, World Bank Director, Mr. Jim Yong Kim during a speech in the House of Representatives hearing that "the way to achieve stability and shared growth in Iraq is to empower local governments, openness and diversification of the economy and improving public financial management through public sector reform and greater legal accountability."

Mr. Jim Yong Kim said Iraq, he chose the path of political participation, a decision that create difficult challenges and heralds a lot of good, it also requires make political concessions to build broad alliances to achieve national goals, pointing out that despite the complexity and difficulty of the participation of all sects of the Iraqi people in the political process, However, it is possible to be part of the critical path to achieve long-term stability. "

Said World Bank President to the project supported by the World Bank amounting to $ 350 million for the reconstruction of areas that have been liberated from the organization Daash, urged House members to unite on openness and diversification of economic activities as an important step in the process to unleash the tremendous capabilities possessed by Iraq through efforts the adoption of laws that would open the door to young businessmen and entrepreneurs who are eager to take risks and to engage in new projects.

He suggested Kim's use of the principle of financial incentives to encourage local governments to be more issue to their citizens and to provide better quality services, alluding to Almkhatarakabarh that surround Iraq due to the size of its economy, geographical and strategic location, calling for increased efficiency in the management of public money to make sure they achieve their greatest goals and its impact on the Iraqi economy and increase public control over government spending and make it an effective way to fight corruption and build confidence in the Iraqi public sector.

Kim pointed out that the last loan, worth $ 1.2 billion, which had been in Iraq in order to overcome the financial crisis is the biggest proof of the support and commitment of the international direct Bank of Iraq and its people. (Text of the speech)

For his part, the secretary general of the Islamic Development Bank Ahmed Mohammed Ali Al Madani condolences to the victims of the terrorist bombing of the city of Alexandria in the sons of the province of Babylon, stressing the support of the Islamic Bank of Iraq and its people in the current ordeal.

Mr. civil and expressed hope that the visit of the delegation a good omen for the prosperity of Iraq and the defiance of suffering in the reconstruction and the tyranny of security, noting that elements of Iraq is still present and able to overcome the challenges, noting that the visit of the Islamic Bank delegation with the Secretary General of the United Nations and the President of the World Bank came to support Iraq to promote development capabilities and build a robust economy , according to the plans and build sustainable economic relations with members and partners of the United nations system and the World Bank states and encourage investment from Islamic financial, stressing that Iraq is facing a financial crisis and will upgrade them soon. (text of the speech)

At the conclusion of the visit, Mr. Jubouri expressed his appreciation to the visiting delegation expressed the thanks of the Council of Representatives of Iraq and the UN's role.

On the other hand President al-Jubouri offered condolences to the Iraqi people after the terrorist bombings of innocents civilians in the province of Babylon

This was followed by Rep. Hanan al statement for deputies Babil province , condemned the criminal bombing that targeted the match for popular teams in the province, the House of Representatives , demanding that it have a pause with the province of Babylon , and the interest in them, noting that the number of elements of the security services to Aitlaim with the importance of the province, calling on the government to step up security measures and reconsider the plans approved and to increase the number and the kit to protect the province and provide the security forces with the necessary equipment.

This was followed by the ladies and gentlemen of Representatives Fatiha in memory of the souls of the martyrs of Iraq and the province of Babylon.

In another matter, Mr. Speaker alive victories security forces and volunteers in the provinces of Anbar and Nineveh.

He gave MP Ahmed al-Jubouri, a statement on behalf of Nineveh province deputies hailed the launch of the opening process for the Liberation of Nineveh and the victories of the hands of the Iraqi forces and tribal crowd after nearly two years of control of the terrorist organization on Mosul and what he has done practices.

The statement called Mr. Haider al-Abadi Prime Minister to provide all the capabilities needed to sustain the battle momentum through the involvement of people of the province of those based in the Speicher base Nineveh police and opened the door to volunteer for the sons of the tribes, hello with the participation of all Iraqis without exception in the battle, especially the popular crowd and the Peshmerga forces praising the role of the international coalition in the battle to liberate Nineveh.

Mr. President of the Council also gave the name of the House of Representatives heartfelt sympathies to Salal MP Ahmad al-Badri of the death of his son, as he read the Council Al-Fatihah memory of the spirit of the deceased.

Meanwhile, President al-Jubouri announced that the House of Representatives since the start of the sit-ins and demonstrations had been an advocate and supporter and participant in the reforms in accordance with the constitutional and legal frameworks and began by noting that the House of Representatives called on the government to speed up the submission of all Maldiha of reform measures and will not hesitate to carry out his duties regulators.

Mr. Jubouri called for parliamentary committees to submit proposals or evaluation reports for the performance of ministers or ministries in order to allow the Board of Accounting and accountability of any minister shorted noting that the House of Representatives depends upon the will of his deputies who are elected by the Iraqi people and not subject to any pressure or authority other than the Constitution and the law, with appreciation for all reform efforts and intentions sincere authority which seeks to serve the country.

He called on House Speaker parliamentary committees to provide an assessment of the performance of the executive bodies of the report is displayed in this matter during the next meetings of the Council.

In another matter, Mr. Speaker face of an ultimatum for a number of ladies and gentlemen MPs who exhausted Gaabathm or exceeded the upper limit based on Law 49 for the year 2007 to replace members of the House of Representatives display deputies names and names reached the last limit is exhausted holidays.

President al-Jubouri and demanded of the House of Representatives Government relief of civilians trapped in the city of Fallujah by the terrorist organization Daash and speed rescued from hunger and brutality of the terrorists.

Then the Council ended the first reading of the draft State-owned banks and provided financial and legal Committees Act in light of the expansion and the significant increase in the volume of trade and banking dealings inside and outside Iraq and help the government banks to promote the improvement and development of banking services in accordance with the requirements of the national economy.

The Board completed the first reading of the bill abolishing the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council Resolution Act (100) of 2000 and provided legal, culture and media committees given the resolve of the Ministry of Culture and Information under CPA Order No. (2) section (3) for the year 2003 and no longer needed him.

Mr. Speaker and the face of the hottest congratulations behalf of the Council for the sons of the Christian component Chaldean Syriac Assyrian occasion of the Easter holiday.

The Board completed the reading and discussion of the draft report of the Ministry of the Interior and submitted by the committees of security and defense, financial and legal law.

In the interventions of the ladies and gentlemen of Representatives MP Riad Ghareeb stressed the need to speed up the legislation of the law of the importance of the Ministry of Interior and its relation to the security and intelligence side at the current stage.

He noted the MP Abbas al - Bayati that the bill did not include a paragraph pertaining to counter - terrorism device, calling for the cancellation of positions advisers in the ministry.

He objected MP Arshad al-Salihi to reduce the number of agents and advisers to the ministry needed them, and wondered about the mechanism of security management for mixed areas, suggesting provincial council chairman correlation ministry.

For its part, MP Najiba Najib expressed its rejection of the bill to the presence of constitutional violations are not consistent with the goals and reasons for the law.

He called MP Mohammed Naji to include the border police command within the proposed amendment and make the responsibility of internal security and the fight against terrorism within the powers of the minister.

MP Abdul Kahar Samurai Federal Police transferred the responsibility of the Ministry of Interior to the Ministry of Defense to reduce the overlap in the performance of duties.

In its response to the Committee on the interventions it stressed that the draft law has been discussed several times in the For the security and defense committee , referring to taking into consideration the ladies and gentlemen of Representatives proposals.

In another context, President al-Jubouri announced the arrival of 43 bill to the stage of voting, but has not been included on the agenda for the reluctance of the Committees on its completion in full, calling on the parliamentary committees to expedite the provision of laws in order to vote for their importance.

And then it decides to adjourn the meeting on Monday, 28/03/2016.

The information department

Iraqi Council of Representatives

03/26/2016

http://ar.parliament.iq/LiveWebsites/Arabic/Container.aspx?PressReleasesID=31599

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016 Empty Re: Speeches from the HoR meeting today 3-26-2016

Post  Admin Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:14 am

Speech by Mr. Ahmed civil head of the Islamic Bank of Text

03/26/2016

Never Vohinkm the name of the Islamic Development Bank Group carries the message that came to you and our delegation today.

Our message is that the world feels pain as Thssouna Iraq and is looking to regain Iraq stopped him and recovered the steam and institutions on which the three of us represent us promise you that Iraq sought to shore up his successful to get up after the collapse.

I can only pay tribute to what I started commended Avatr praise for Iraq's past, present and rejoiced his future prosperous, God willing.

Iraq's ancient Bhoudarth great stature. Iraq tributaries of the great civilizations that moved into the capital of the caliphate at the time of the prophet Ali Ibn Abi Talib RIP God bless him.

Iraq, the House of Wisdom, the first university in history and the biggest bookcase in the world and the most important center for translation, research and authorship of Iraq, which was destroyed by the forces of evil at the height of that civilization, and soon rose up and got up

In Iraq today all elements of steadfastness and the advancement of the second largest oil reserves in the world, and the two great rivers and manpower resources exceed 10 million product chiefs, lest optimism and persistence and their equipment knowledge and experience singing in the darkness of the crisis saying of Prophet Ali bin Abi Talib and the generosity of God and face

If deputies have reached the term * Top and almost them Almahj

Solving scourge and that consolation * When finiteness be vulva

As for the future Iraq Alaudhae I hope that will be the success of the visit of this delegation today a good omen and manufactured by Tawfiq initiatives. I mean Iraq influence construction, generous act, in the new global landscape and that God loved one.

I Jinakm We have full insight into the challenges that Tjabhecm internal security challenges, and the challenges of reconstruction, and the challenges of poverty and unemployment, and the challenges of Tnoaaa economic base. It challenges no matter how serious it has faced, but faced tougher ones other countries left the affluent knowledge mining solutions we are pleased that all Tfedo, and you will publish them on the creativity of the era of the world of you.

Jinakm assured faith that eternal elements of Iraq that do not disappear and elan that do not fade away, and the nation that will not overload, all remain as they are. It is still as it was with God's help and grace. And your organization - the Islamic Development Bank - which is coming to you today in this delegation Alramz global partnership broadest extent, to Twazqm Grace of God on three eras spoke upon with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the President of the World Bank, we agreed to support Iraq and to accompany him strategically to restore the foundations of social and economic stability and charters we give are:

First: support Iraq to develop an ambitious vision and translate the sound plans for the advancement and recover, and the resumption of economic ascent, and the enumeration of the headwaters of the growth on the basis of transition from dependence on oil to the advancement of agriculture and industry discharge of addressing unemployment, poverty and ensure re-focused the national private sector in the development process.

http://ar.parliament.iq/LiveWebsites/Arabic/Container.aspx?PressReleasesID=31598

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:22 am

Letter d. Jim Yong Kim in front of the Iraqi Parliament " to achieve the full potential of Iraq . "
03/26/2016

Mr. Speaker, distinguished members of Parliament, Mr. Secretary General, distinguished guests.

It's a great honor to speak to you today from the house of the great lawgiver, Hammurabi. Hammurabi's Law has helped to transform society Babylonian to the form of government that Iraq today is striving to achieve - a united and prosperous rule, and based on the rule of law.

From this rostrum, I present my great optimism: Democracy is taking root in Iraq, despite the enormous challenges faced by this noble country.

Iraq has chosen the path of political partnership - a decision that resulted in difficult challenges, but it heralds a lot of good. It also makes more vocal political climate, it requires compatibility between the various Iraqi people and its diversity and plurality of categories, creating a general climate gives everyone the freedom of expression. It also requires political concessions to build broad alliances and necessary to achieve national goals. As far as looks participation of the Iraqi people in the political process, in various denominations, complex, and difficult as it is, they are the most important element in the installation of the required long-term stability. As these challenges, they are in fact, the strength of evidence.

And shows the history of the Levant region on the health of this matter, as long as the harmonic communities experienced a stable and prosperous. The community diversity that enriches the region, enhancing the capacity of public institutions and contributes to the public interest. By maintaining a balance between the central authority and the local self-government, leaders work to consolidate the legitimacy and gain people's trust. And strengthened public investment in good governance, governance and infrastructure actors of social development and economic exchanges systems.

In contrast, systems that cemented the split - where he practiced favoritism and sectarian quotas and discrimination on the basis of identity failed. And it landed dynasties, which has expanded in the centralization of power, and weakened the local communities and municipalities. Where absent equality in the process of taxation and the distribution of resources, exacerbated grievances, and created additional challenges to central authority.

In recent months, the Iraqi parliament has established these facts in his work with the government to address the enormous challenges, including conflict and economic crisis. For example, troops fighting Daash skills and strength of all the Iraqi people to regain control of the national territory was used. This success shows the strength of the Iraqi people when they unite to face the common national cause.

We also have achieved an effective balance between the central authority and local self-governance, and you support the emergency measures to improve local governance and to earn the trust of citizens in the liberated areas. Provided you agree to a loan amounting to 350 million US dollars from the World Bank to support local authorities the possibility of assisting in the restoration of basic infrastructure, public services, for Iraqi citizens in the areas that have been liberated from the control of Daash. And our work in the joint assessment of the needs of the regions, cities and municipalities most affected by conflict and displacement, the best proof of the importance of interaction between the federal and local governance and leadership. It remains to support the work of the central authorities to local communities and municipalities of the most important elements that lead to meet the needs of the Iraqi people and strengthen the legitimacy of the state.

At the same time, investments have helped in the area of ​​reforms at the federal level to mitigate the effects of falling oil prices and improve governance and governance system, which the foundation stone for the development and prosperity mode. If your efforts to strengthen the social protection system means the flow of more public resources to the most vulnerable segments of the suffering and danger. This will lead to end the monopoly of public banks and stimulate the private sector's role in the field of electricity generation to increase competitiveness, and to enhance the strength of the economy and its diversity. The World Bank Group has provided $ 1.2 billion to support this reform effort - the largest direct funding we have presented to this day to a country in the Middle East and North Africa.

In parallel effort in the field of management systems and good governance, it has also Bachertm in activating more investment in infrastructure, creating great opportunities to take advantage of potential geographical location enjoyed by Iraq. Iraq is a country located amidst a strategic area, where economic integration is the key to peace and prosperity in the future. This Parliament has approved, two years ago, the ambitious and far-reaching process, and a strategy aimed at opening up of Iraq at the regional surroundings. The repair and rebuild the road No. 1 in the south, crossing the border from the north to Turkey, President of the bridges to the future of Iraq as a central hub in the trade sector. We are in the process of planning for the expansion of those efforts, which are the result of a close partnership between the government and the World Bank and the Islamic Development Bank, they are the best proof of the achievements that we can achieve for the benefit of the Iraqi people through joint action.

Consider together what it could mean further progress in these areas to ensure a better future. Iraq, whose total domestic product of about US $ 200 billion a year, represents one of the largest economies in the Middle East, even after years of conflict. The central location and boundaries of Iraq and have repercussions on the whole region transformative, it will reflect the impact of growth, stability and prosperity to hundreds of millions of people.

This is one of the reasons why the World Bank is investing strongly in helping the Iraqis build a path towards a better tomorrow. It is also the reason that Iraq will occupy a prominent place in our plans to invest US $ 20 billion in the development of the Middle East and North Africa by 2021, which is equivalent to three times the amount that was invested during the past five years.

But make the most of this opportunity to take advantage means that Iraq continue to build the foundations of an inclusive society includes everyone, and we see that there are three crucial steps in this regard:

First, if we take a fresh look at the social, cultural and geographical axes traditional in Iraq, we consider that the most appropriate way to protect the cohesion of the country and to maintain them, is through the follow-up work begun by Oslavkm- any empower communities and strengthen their capabilities, including municipalities.

The World Bank can help drive these efforts to new heights. We have proposed the use of financial assistance to reward those local authorities that can demonstrate their ability to build a comprehensive system of good governance and governance which ensures the rights of all and offers high-quality public services. The aim of this funding to enhance the efficiency of municipalities on a technical level and support efficiency.

Secondly, it must be for Iraq to diversify their economic activities. The key to success is to create incentives for the private sector to invest in it. That would unleash the creativity and genius of the Iraqi people, which will help the Iraqis on the production of services and advanced tools. You, the representatives of the people, you have the ability to adopt laws that would open the door to young entrepreneurs of projects and innovations owners, those groups that are willing to take risks and to engage in new projects.

Thirdly, it is necessary that Iraq has rearranged the internal economic conditions, and reduce the waste of resources, and promoting accountability and implementation of the necessary and important reforms. In the energy sector, for example, must implement reforms to address the level of support is allocated for this sector worthwhile, and which contributes to the power supply Ajzaan Alcirbeia an ongoing basis. When replace cash transfers, targeting the poor and needy, store support, it will improve the level of efficiency and equity. The necessary reform of public institutions that impede private-sector growth, stimulating the emerging institutions to contribute to the economic growth. And it leads to strengthen the involvement of citizens in public affairs to more scrutiny on government spending, and the fight against corruption, and strengthen transparency and enhance the legitimacy of the public sector in Iraq. We are confident that Iraq will get the support needed to reduce the financial burden resulting from the fall in oil prices, so by emphasizing his commitment to those reforms seriously.

Excellencies, Members of Parliament - that the Iraqi people need you. And capacity as the democratically elected leaders, the work critical to help it achieve its full potential.

Iraq has been, over the centuries, is an example of human development in the Arab world. Iraqi universities attracted students from all over the world; where he provided high levels of education. And lies all hope that Iraq will play this role again.

In order to achieve these goals, we should encourage individual opportunities through the provision of quality public services, and the climate of open and competitive action. This needs to ensure that all Iraqis benefit from the oil revenues. Even in the face of setbacks and the enormous challenges, the only hope is to rely on people's strength and resilience, through strong institutions that includes everyone and is capable of continuity.

Let me, at the end of my speech, to convey to the Iraqi people, who stood in the face of war, violence and conflict, and who explained to the world the meaning of resistance, steadfastness, courage, nobility and magnanimity.

Iraq has a deep and rich history can build it bright and prosperous future. And you, the representatives of the people, you may have taken away your responsibility to lead this great country toward that future.

From this rostrum, announced today our commitment is as follows: the World Bank, will stand at your side, and along with every Iraqi citizen in every step of this long journey toward justice, development and peace and common prosperity.

Thank you for the opportunity that you have given to me to be with you today. Thank you so much.

http://ar.parliament.iq/LiveWebsites/Arabic/Container.aspx?PressReleasesID=31595

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down