Iraqi Dinar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saleh: We are drafting a law to recover money that went into corruption

Go down

Saleh: We are drafting a law to recover money that went into corruption Empty Saleh: We are drafting a law to recover money that went into corruption

Post  Admin Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:57 am

Baghdad / Al-Sabah

The President of the Republic Barham Salih to begin drafting a law to recover funds that went in the corruption operations out of the country, with another law on the issue of Spyker and the martyrs and the empowerment of their people to enjoy their rights. Saleh said during a meeting with a number of satellite channels, including Al-Iraqiya channel: "Iraq is now required to play a role in the region's reunification.

Talk about reforming the political process After 16 years of the new regime, there is a long talk about reforming this political process. What mechanisms will this reform take place?

This is an important question, perhaps the biggest challenge to the Iraqi state project at this moment. We must put things in context. Iraq has not known stability for at least four decades, if not more, than the Iran-Iraq war to invade Kuwait. To 2003 and its repercussions and events that took place, this people did not know stability and our country is free from terrorism and subjected to the fierce onslaught of terrorist forces, and often when I talk with foreign leaders remind them of this reality that Iraq lived and lived Iraqis .. He came out of those challenges, and he was infested with wounds, no doubt about that Are determined by the Iraqis to move forward and reach a stable and decent life worthy of the citizen.
From 2003 to today, we are partners in a political process, and this political process has succeeded in important matters, including the writing of the constitution, including the elections, including the peaceful transfer of power, and the issue of peaceful transfer of power in the heart of the Middle East is not easy or easy.
However, there are many failures, but serious failures. What is happening in Basra is the deterioration of services, the lack of legal protection in many areas in the region, the non-return of the displaced, the recurrence of violence and the spread of terrorism. These are all manifestations and failures that accompanied the political process. From 2003 to today.
We have no choice but to dialogue. Yes, there is the political class, which is important and influential in the situation, but in my estimation, the societal phenomenon is also important, meaning there is an important social and civil movement at different levels, I see it as an important extension of the reform process. To come up with a set of reforms necessary to correct the political path.
A few days ago, we hosted the first national consultation meeting, and the fact was important. For a long time, there were no such meetings. Many of the parties participated in a lot of issues. We met at one table. Despite an agenda talking about government work, He goes back and says to talk about the basic issue before us, namely correcting the political process and achieving the required reforms.
I hope through these dialogues that we stand on those reforms required, foremost of which is that we have a Constitution that we have submitted to ourselves through a popular referendum in general, but this constitution has very few things that are said to be strained, perhaps changing the constitution will not be easy but at least to agree on a national interpretation The collector of some of these items may be shrouded in some ambiguity and fog and this is very important because we usually every 4 years in the elections we meet on the table to form a government.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] Do you have the political will for this reform and change? Are you convinced that you are moving as political forces at the same level as the movement of the Iraqi people in their legitimate demands?

In my opinion, the Iraqi citizen suffers real suffering and this is not afraid of anyone, go to Mosul and see the situation of Mosul and go to Basra and see the case of Basra and see the case of Nasiriyah and even in Baghdad, but also in my estimation, the home sees that there may be a development is not at the required level Which is achieved not at the appropriate speed required to achieve the minimum demands, but there is a positive trend or direction must be to benefit from and focus on it, I am not a proponent of underestimating the imbalances or shortcomings that are many and there is no doubt that it is accumulated, His country, recall 40 years of destruction, 40 years of siege 40 years of terrorism, 40 years of mass murder, abuse and corruption that has deepened into the government and the deep state has taken control of many things, to ask a prime minister or a republican president to work to eradicate all these problems overnight, even at the age of the government One is an unattainable but important promise.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] Since the first moments in which you took over the post of President of the Republic, the Iraqi media has been busy and is following you with an active and distinguished effort in the many meetings with heads of state. Do you believe that the time has come to amend the constitutional powers granted to the President of the Republic?

I would like to emphasize, away from the issue of powers, that my efforts and work as a president will not be useful and will not be useful except in harmony and coordination and cooperation with the Prime Minister, because this country does not bear in this stage only a situation of coordination, cooperation and solidarity. And his understanding of the need to restore Iraq's regional and international role.

We have made these visits on the basis of an agreed political program here in Baghdad. Iraq is part of this region. For decades, this country has been a battleground for international and regional parties. The Iraqis are the victims of violence and the victim of this conflict and we are driven by our resources and our lives. Many parties and destroyed this country and destroyed generations because of this situation will not stabilize the situation without finding a balanced state of Iraq in its relations.
I want the Iraqis to be confident that our speech in the Gulf, in Tehran, in Egypt, in France, in Italy, and with the Americans is the same rhetoric and the same logic, that is, we do not want to be part of the Axis policy. We want to distance our country from the conflicts and absurd conflicts that have engulfed this region. We want a new regional system with Iraq as its center, based on the creation of economic interdependence among the peoples of the region. The problem before us is the eradication of terrorism and its eradication, but a problem no less important than that, perhaps even in terms of its most important and dangerous repercussions. The souls of the flock Today, 38 million people are growing each year, and 70% of Iraqis are under the age of 30. Unemployment is high, and the Iraqi economy can not, in its current form, create opportunities for these unemployed youth. The region needs a regional solution based on the creation of this economic interdependence and common economic interests aimed at raising the standard of living of the people of this region and creating employment opportunities for our youth. This is achieved by regional cooperation and I estimate that Iraq is now required to play a role in the reunification of the region. Area.

* Much talk recently about the US presence in Iraq in the light of some of the blocks to seek a resolution of the House of Representatives to remove these forces .. How do you see these endeavors and if it got and issued this decision in your opinion what are the repercussions of this decision on the country?

First of all, I do not want to talk about hypothetical cases. There is a debate. There, as you mentioned some of the projects presented to the parliament, let us emphasize the main points. Iraq issues the fight against terrorism and the Iraqis paid a heavy price to end the military coup. But I want to emphasize that the final victory. Has not yet been achieved, yes, the military has ended up on the ground and militarily, but there are many elements for Daash still demarcating and embellishing between the Iraqi-Syrian borders and we must have a permanent security alert to deal with this subject, we have a long way to consolidate this victory economically politically and intellectually, Serious and real But it needs to be entrenched. And the American elements, but from the international coalition that came to Iraq at the invitation of the Iraqi government and based on understandings tasked with training Iraqi forces and the empowerment of Iraqi forces in the war against terrorism, this is the mechanism agreed upon and this is the agreed goal, and any action is different from this goal and this work is Absolutely acceptable from the Iraqi side of government and political leaders .. The third important point we must stand, that we are in the process of assessing the security situation permanently and there is no request from Iraq and there is no request from the international forces and international elements such as America and non-America to establish military bases here in Iraq Or the creation of ground combat forces in Iraq and even at the height of the battle against Dahesh there were no combat forces, but were training forces, explaining to important points in this context is discussed, with the commander-in-chief of the armed forces, and military and security leaders permanently assess the situation, We hope that this will not be a part of current political debates that may have problems in the future. First, the interest of Iraqi security and Iraqi sovereignty. The criteria we will be dealing with once again are training and empowering Iraqi forces in their fight against terrorism, not military bases or combat forces. Wild, this is the To the contexts according to the vision of the complex agreed upon by the political leaders and the government.

* Iranian President Sheikh Hassan Rowhani will pay a visit to Baghdad, the second visit by an Iranian president after 2003. Preliminary information indicates that Iraq is in the process of re-establishing the Algiers agreement signed in 1975?

The visit of President Rohani to Baghdad will be an important visit. I visited Tehran and we had in-depth dialogues with the Iranian leadership. We discussed many of these files. Our relations with Iran are important. I said in all the countries we visited that Iraq's interest lies in having relations Very good with Iran.
We have 1400 km of border with Iran and few historical and social cultural ties between the two neighboring peoples. In the circumstances of the struggle against the former regime, Iran embraced the Iraqi opposition and embraced the Iraqi refugees in the recent war against Da'ash and Iran played an important role in supporting the Iraqi forces in resisting and fighting against them.
I spoke about this in some detail. We must remind the world of the significance of this relationship. In the meeting with President Rouhani, there was talk about the 1975 agreement. We also talked about the need for understandings on different contexts on Iraqi-Iranian relations. Its legacy inherited from its predecessors and the 1975 Convention of this legacy which we have inherited and which have mutual obligations to the parties.
Our relations with Iran were not at the expense of our relations with the Arab depth and were not at the expense of our relations with the Gulf and will not be at the expense of our relations with other countries and work beneficial to all parties and beneficial to our people basically and out of our interest.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] The situation in Kirkuk now stands on the brink of disagreement, because of the differences. Where do you stand from this dispute and how will it contribute to solving the problems?

There are many variables we do not want to storm the situation in Kirkuk and the disputed areas, and Article 140 constitutional entitlement must be implemented, and the contexts of implementation require legal and administrative procedures must be agreed upon, But let me come to the subject at the core, all tried solutions to Kirkuk and failed these solutions, we must win the Kirkuk solution to the issue of Kirkuk, Kirkuk is a city where the Kurdish component, Turkmen and Arab and the Christians and other components, and after these years to lean from the conflict and problems that hit this city Click to read I told them that we want to win a solution from within Kirkuk, with the consent of the Kurdish, Arab and Turkmen components, with respect for the other existing components, a solution based on understanding on the administration in Kirkuk. And the security system in Kirkuk, and also there is another important file has been neglected, which is the file of investment and economic, Kirkuk this rich city, when I visit it looks like there is no oil, oil in this city leaves only smoke for the people of Kirkuk and not its resources and everyone sings Kirkuk, Come and pluck On the context of a solution may be a temporary solution we finish this situation, I estimate that the original people of Kirkuk really tired and tired of bidding on their behalf, they want a solution to their city to win respect for their will and this requires the cooperation of Baghdad and the region and make sure that there will be no value and will not be imposed , The people of Kirkuk are victorious to resolve their situation by mutual consent and we embrace this solution and we help in this, and if this issue is resolved and this node was overcome, the national consequences of the overall situation in Iraq will be very large, do not forget that the problem of Kirkuk and the status of Kirkuk and the dispute over Kirkuk remained a problem of contract Since the establishment of the State of Iraq Perhaps at least since the 1960s, and the time has come for us to come to a solution in this context.

* We always hear about the powers of the post of President of the Republic compared to that may be expressed in the post of Prime Minister .. We ask about the program of the President of the Republic for four years to come first .. Second Will we see the President of the Republic three deputies?

Article 66 of the Constitution states: The Federal Executive shall consist of the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister and exercise its powers in accordance with the Constitution and Article 67. The President of the Republic is the Head of State and the symbol of the unity of the country and represents the sovereignty of the country. And to ensure the adherence to the Constitution and the maintenance of Iraq's independence and sovereignty and unity and territorial integrity in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution .. These powers are important, the protection of the Constitution is important .. Corner of the executive power is important .. But I want to be accurate in my answer too .. The subject is not in a legal interpretation And vocabulary .. We saw in the The country is burdened with many burdens and does not tolerate the debates and disputes. We need a state letter, a state policy and a real solidarity between the constitutional institutions in order to enable the government to implement its promised program of parliament. And the citizen .. I have a close relationship with Dr. Adel Abdul Mahdi, a brother Aziz and Professor Fadel, and we have a long relationship .. We did not move, not in a lot of public issues in the country, and I am in my field of work only in full coordination with him because this is required .. I I can not speak to a governor in Nasiriyah, for example I will not be able to go to a country and make agreements otherwise because this is at the core of the government's terms of reference, but the understandings that take place are all in the context of coordination between the two sides. The second important thing is that the good personal relationship will not be enough and it should be transformed into an institutional and constitutional relationship based on this constitution because whoever comes after me and after Dr. Adel Abdul Mahdi should be committed. I hope to establish such an institutional relationship.

* From the powers of the President to submit bills to the House of Representatives .. Which laws do you think today is the most important?

- We will have a bill on the issue of Spyker and their martyrs and the empowerment of their families to enjoy their rights .. It is a serious disaster, and unfortunately it has not been dealing with the families of the martyrs of Spyker in a proper manner required, but now also busy drafting a law to recover funds that went in the operations Corruption and out of the country and how to obtain them and there are draft laws related to reconstruction and there are draft constitutional laws require their existence .. There is high-level coordination with the Office of the Prime Minister in this area so that the draft laws are coordinated .. The Presidency intends to activate this power strongly and provide Laws to parliament projects.

http://alsabaah.iq/5717/%D8%B5%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD-%D9%86%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%84-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%B5%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%BA%D8%A9-%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D9%8A-%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8%D8%AA-%D8%B6%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AF

Admin
Admin

https://iraqidinar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down