Iraqi Dinar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mnt Goat 9/11/2015

Go down

Mnt Goat 9/11/2015 Empty Mnt Goat 9/11/2015

Post  Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 am

Mnt Goat Friday Update Post - “A Turning Point” Part 1 of 3
9/11/2015
2 Comments

UU6804 – “A Turning Point” by Mnt Goat

Hello Everyone,

So much news from Iraq!

Today I come to you once again to see what sense we can all make out of this RV saga of the Iraqi dinar.

I also bring much hope in the fight against terrorism in the aftermath of the attack on USA on September 9, 2011.

In my last news letter dated 9/7 (LINK) and 9/9 (LINK) I talked about Abadi’s reforms on corruption and why the Iraqi dinar currency reform was being stalled.

Many have said all the laws were done and we are just waiting for timing for the RV. Really? Well if you watch long enough you might see it (of course) but what does this say about your intel?

Folks I gave you the evidence. It is right in front of your noses why they are stalling the RV. No mystery, no hype they directly told us why in plain English (or Arabic). I have presented it to you.
There is nothing in the grey side or mysterious about why they are stalling the currency reforms-

Remember I said (really Iraq said) they had postponed the currency reforms due to three reasons:
1) money laundering and bad banking practices
2) wide spread corruption
3) security reasons

Nothing grey or mysterious about it !

So Iraq must first clean up the corruption and othe issues that resulted in the CBI postponing the currency reforms in the first place.

They must now write laws (such as the Anti-Money Laundering law and others), pass them through parliament and then implement them so this corruption will now be illegal and will not happen again to bring down the country in the future (as it has over the last 4-8 years).

They also need to clean up the corrupt officials and get rid of unnecessary positions (reallocate these salaries to better programs). I am demonstrating some of these programs to you later in this news letter.

As far as security reasons – they must find a way to get rid of Iranian Qud forces and fill the gap that will be left behind. How do they do that? I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU ALL ALONG – BY PASSING THE NATIONAL GUARD LAW. This law will turn over the militias (or private armies of the different parties) to the provinces and structure them). They may have to use the coalition forces once again to temporarily fill the gap once Quds forces leave but the long term goal will be to train and manage the sovereign Iraq armed forces and place them back into a disciplined fighting force. Remember this was already done prior to the USA ground forces departing Iraq in 2011. They left behind over 2+ mill Iraq trained combat and security forces/soldiers. But what happened to them?

Maliki’s 8 years of administration corrupted the Iraqi army ranks and he did not manage the troops as a disciplined / structured army (and we are seeing the results in Mosul and Anbar). His legacy left behind 25k+ ghost soldiers with rampid corruption and lack of moral, discipline and leadership.

Can you see where they are heading? Can you see what has been happening over the last month?

Actually this effort did not begin just a month ago but rater has been in the planning stages for a very long time. We only now are beginning to see the results because we are getting many of these needed laws and policies enacted. Things are beginning to happen in Iraq finally.

Does it make sense then to watch these items (new laws, reforms and security) if you truly want to know the timing of the beginning of any completion of the currency reforms?. This is the “intel” you should all be watching for. Forget this nonsense of RV any day / every day. Do you remember I said the RV is by-product of the reforms. The RV in itself WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF IRAQ.

I extend my challenge once again to anyone who wants to debate what I have said in this news letter today or any of my news in the past couple months about the reasons for these reforms and the timing of any currency reforms.

But if you take the challenge please do not bring into the mix this nonsense about this misinformation intel and garbage stuff from these so called intel “gurus” conference calls and forums. This crap has no place in my world. It has no significance to me since I am looking for facts not intel from some “secret source”, some rumors or “your feelings” or conjecture on the topic. You can go ahead and “feel” any way you want but about the timing of this RV. But unless you back it up with facts,,,,well they it is just feelings and so you can keep them to yourself as far as I am concerned.

Today’s News

Today is Friday September 11th and still no RV or hopes of an RV window until at least mid September. Why?

In 2006 Iraq has it’s first launching of sovereign bonds. Did they have an RV then? So why do they need one now for the 2015 launch. So please there is no dependency on these bonds for an RV. Today is Friday already and still no RV and the bonds did get launched on time yesterday.
However could the funds ($6 billion) be used to set up for a near future effort to do something with their currency? Let there be no mistake this is a very strong possibility. To put the icing on the cake we should be watching carefully for these three laws: National Guard law. Investment law, and Money Laundering law; and then for signs of significance success in Anbar and Mosul areas over ISIS.

I told you from mid August to mid September would be a very critical time for getting these reforms accomplished. I told you Abadi would make a final push to get them completed and it would be very sudden and unexpected by most. We are witnessing all of this now. So was Mnt Goat correct again.

I told you there would be a progress report of the Iraq needed laws and reforms in mid September and out pops news of a scheduled third Conference 9/11-9/17. So who is right again?

I told you that “if” this reform process is successful, we would be in a great window to possibly see the currency reform project pick up momentum and maybe see a significant increase the value of the Iraqi dinar and the continuation of the “deletion of the 3 zeros” project. This would occur sooner than later. Then just recently again out pops 2 important articles by MPs asking the same questions we are asking – that of why has the project to delete the zeros not been completed and why have the lower denominations not yet been distributed?

Funny how we get these type of article just before a critical window of opportunity for an RV is upon us.

But I also said IF THE REFORMS AND LAWS WERE DELAYED we may be seeing sometime in early 2016 for our next window of opportunity for an RV. Many still put words in my mouth and claim I am giving a 2016 date. Did you just read what I said? I said it was all dependent on the meeting being held in mid September 9/11 – 9/17 to determine actions going forward and setting new target dates. So please stop all the needless discussions and attitudes towards the 2016 timeframe. We just have to wait and see how it all plays out. But remember just because you want an RV sooner than later does not make it reality. Remember many also said in April that this RV would never make it till June timeframe. Many swore Mnt Goat was an idiot for her analysis. Now she is also saying we may not see it until 2016 but it is all dependent on the progress.

I firmly expect Abadi to clean up the CBI and Dr Shabib to come back to an “official” capacity to head up the CBI once again before these projects kick off fully. We will soon see if Mnt Goat is correct on this too.

Let’s get going with today’s news. These next couple weeks could be very interesting.

Admin
Admin

https://iraqidinar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mnt Goat 9/11/2015 Empty Re: Mnt Goat 9/11/2015

Post  Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 am

Mnt Goat Friday Update Post - “A Turning Point” Part 2 of 3
9/11/2015
0 Comments

Let’s get going with today’s news. These next couple weeks could be very interesting.

Article Begins

IRAQ: ANOTHER TURNING POINT?

Zalmay Khalilzad, The Washington Post
Zalmay Khalilzad was the U.S. ambassador to Iraq from 2005 to 2007.

The reform campaign announced last month by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi represents a potential turning point for Iraq. Indeed, the outcome of this campaign will shape the future of a country central to the global fight against the Islamic State and to the stabilization of the Middle East. The United States must focus on Iraq’s newest struggle and assist Abadi’s reform effort.
Abadi is rushing his reforms because of pressure from a nonsectarian movement, which includes many civil society groups, that has taken to the streets for several weeks. The role of Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani, who encouraged Abadi to be courageous and embrace reform, has been critical. Abadi’s reforms include fighting corruption and establishing a meritocracy in government employment in place of party patronage and sectarianism. The protesters also want national reconciliation and reform of the judiciary, including the replacement of top judge Midhat al-Mahmoud, who was a key enabler of the unconstitutional actions by Abadi’s predecessor, Nouri al-Maliki.

Sectarianism has been a cancer on Iraqi politics. The last large-scale expression of nonsectarian politics came during the 2010 elections, when an improved security environment briefly reduced the potency of identity politics. But sectarianism surged again when security deteriorated after the U.S. military withdrawal. Today’s events offer a rare second chance for Iraq.

Abadi’s reform effort faces three key challenges:

First, it has divided the Shiites, producing a political confrontation that Sistani aide Ahmed al-Safi has described as an “existential battle.” The reforms are opposed by militia leaders, including the Badr Organization’s Hadi al-Amiri and Kataib Hezbollah’s Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, as well as a number of political parties that support the political patronage system. Militia leaders have threatened reformers, targeting protesters with violence and kidnapping and even engaging in a deadly skirmish with security forces in Baghdad last week. They have also issued statements opposing national reconciliation in defiance of the prime minister and met with Mahmoud to express support for him.

Second, while the prime minister’s goals are laudable and ambitious, the means available to him to implement them are limited. Given lower oil prices, Abadi has far fewer financial resources than his predecessor. Complicating matters is the fact that, in the war against the Islamic State, he needs the support of the very militias opposed to his reforms. Many senior government officials hold their positions because of patronage and are unlikely to help his agenda succeed. And Abadi’s relations with the Kurds are strained by disputes over oil exports and the budget, among other issues. Abadi’s most important assets are support from Sistani and popular demands for reform.

Third, it appears that Iran wants the militias to dominate the Iraqi security sector and render it loyal to Tehran’s hard-liners. Abadi wants these militias and volunteer forces to be regulated and reorganized in a National Guard force under state control. It’s likely that Iran hopes the prime minister will fail and either simply abandon the reform program to work more closely with Iran or be replaced by someone who will side with the militias. Maliki began his first term as an independent leader, but as conditions changed and put his political survival at risk, he embraced Iran. Abadi’s reform agenda and Iran’s response to it have produced a nationalist Iraqi backlash against Iran. Sistani, Abadi and other reform leaders want good relations with Iran, but they resent Quds Force leader Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani’s effort to turn Iraq into a satellite state.

There is much at stake for Iraq in this struggle. The reform program is not comprehensive — it does not address the problems of the Kurdish region. Nevertheless, its success could lead to more effective governance, reconciliation and a reduction in sectarian tension. Sectarianism and discrimination against Sunnis have fueled extremism and terror in parts of the Sunni Arab community. Greater independence from Iran can also have a positive effect on Iraq’s regional relations and reduce Sunni Arab states’ incentives to support Sunni insurgents and terrorists. Greater emphasis on competence and the rule of law can reduce corruption and improve services for the Iraqi people — and even attract investment to Iraq.

The United States has an interest in the success of reform. To help tip the political balance of power in Abadi’s favor, policymakers should focus on understanding the nature of Iraq’s reform movement and identify ways to bolster and support it. Washington should also continue to provide robust military assistance. The U.S. effort to rebuild the Iraqi army is crucial to provide Abadi with loyal security forces and a strong formal chain of command. This security relationship and our operations against the Islamic State are vital for Abadi. Without them, Iran’s leverage grows.

We should also respond positively to Abadi’s appeal for help, and help him with implementing the reform agenda by providing technical advice to turn objectives into actionable plans and during the execution phase in areas such as fiscal policy, ministerial restructuring, tax reforms and electricity generation and distribution. We should also help Abadi refine the scope and pace of reform to make sure he doesn’t overreach.
Finally, this is a perfect time to redouble our diplomatic support by encouraging Iraq’s Sunni neighbors to constructively engage with Abadi. The reform campaign is evidence that he is moving away from the sectarian policies of his predecessor. The United States should emphasize to Iraq’s neighbors that successful reforms can help with national reconciliation and rebalance Iraq’s relations with its neighbors, positively affecting the broader region.

This struggle for political, economic and national security reform in Iraq is likely to be a long one, and success is not inevitable. Prime Minister Abadi faces major domestic and Iranian pressures, and he needs our help to make progress. We need to act quickly.

Article Ends

Now once again I need to remind everyone that the reduction in salaries and the standardization of these salaries in nothing more than to reform these salaries to a fair government pay scale and nothing more. It is an attempt on Abadi’s part to clean up the past corruption and favoritism in this area of concern. Also the big question they are asking is does Abadi need to have the council of ministers write a law and to enact a law in Parliament on this topic. But Abadi says the former prime minister Maliki raised these salaries in favoritism and did not go through parliament so he is only lowering them back to the pre-adjusted rates. No need to go through parliament for a law now. Do you see the argument going on here? This is the key to this article.

So it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the RV or setting up for the RV. Did you hear me NOTHING to do with the RV. So how long are these intel “gurus” going to stretch this out and use this info to get you hyped up once again for yet another weekend? An RV that never happens!

Can they please stop this nonsense? I included the article on this topic below for this reason. Sorry but it says nothing about reducing salaries in preparation for an RV not does the CBI say anything on this topic. Oh- but these so called “gurus’ are telling you they would hide this information from you. Its secret info that can’t get out to the public. Really? Then why did they tell you them if it was so secret?

Oh – but they have inside “secret” source for their intel. They are the only ones who have it Really? Maybe they are the only ones having this info is because it is complete nonsense? Did you ever think of that?

Article Begins

REDUCTION OF SALARIES AND RETIREMENT PRESIDENCIES, MINISTERS

http://www.akhbaar.org/home/2015/9/197687.html

The Cabinet, headed by Haidar al-Abadi, on Tuesday, reducing salaries and pensions for the three presidencies, ministers, agents and rank shall be fixed, consultants, general managers, while stressed the application of general laws on them as employees in the state «without exception.

A statement to the Office of the Prime Minister received copy of it, that the Council of Ministers decided in its regular held yesterday under the chairmanship of Haider al-Abadi, a reduction of salaries and pensions for the three presidencies, ministers, agents and rank shall be fixed, consultants and general manager .Albaan added that under this resolution canceled all decisions on salaries and pensions presidencies of the three ministers, agents and general managers, stressing the need to apply to them the general laws of the state employees without exception.
Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had issued early last month, government reforms package to curb corruption which abolished the posts of deputies and Vice-President of the Republic, as well as Some ministries and other integration, and reduced the number of members of the Cabinet of 33 ministers to 22, in his office announced the formation of a supreme committee to cancel the differences in salaries through reform of salaries and allowances system, and decided the upper limit for pensions reduce the Msaolin.ivkr the Cabinet decided that the amount of what received by President of the Republic and the parliament by salary and allowances of the Prime Minister, pointed out in the media office of last resort, that the decision has nothing to do with the salaries of the three presidencies and special grades, but Bm_khassathm, attributing the reason to the need to reduce salaries to enact a law in Parliament.

Article Ends

So literally two days later out pops this article below as a follow up from the article above. Parliament telling us they need to approve these salary cuts and the new pay scale. They want it by the end of September. This is two articles on the same subject matter in the same week and so we must pay attention to the subject matter. It is important and will have future consequences. Let’s keep this in mind as we move into next week.

Article Begins

PARLIAMENTARY FINANCIAL SUGGESTS SENDING THE SALARY SCALE TO THE PARLIAMENT BY THE END OF THIS MONTH

Tomorrow Press
9/10/2015 16:21

Tomorrow Press/BAGHDAD: suggested parliamentary finance committee, Thursday, sending the salary scale to the parliament by the end of this month.

Committee member Haider al-Kaabi said to 'Tomorrow Press', 'that the law of salary scale is now in Secretariat harbors Prune Ministers and it is hoped that up to Parliament at the end of the month to be displayed on the Finance Committee to put some legal amendments '.

He added that the Committee is working on a 'equality of wages and staff in governmental institutions, as well as the abolition of special retirement salaries three presidencies'.

al-Kaabi said, 'the House of Representatives and the government is working to reduce the salaries of federal special steps through the controls in this regard', stating that 'such controls require that does not exceed the employee's service in the grades of 15 years old and not be exceeded 50 years'.

Article Ends

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:10 am

Mnt Goat Friday Update Post - “A Turning Point” Part 3 of 3
9/11/2015
13 Comments

I am presenting the following article to you so you can once again see what Abadi is doing in Iraq. He is reordering Iraq and taking wasted money from the “fat cats” at the top and using it to do a number of things – 1)feed the poor and assist the poor families in the country on the ration card 2) help pay the deficit. He is trying to demonstrate that there is no need to run a deficit if the money is appropriated in the right areas and not all paid out under scandals and corruption by greedy politicians. It all goes back to December 2011 when the USA pulled out of Iraq and Maliki and his goons seized the opportunity to make Iraq a “FREE FOR ALL”. Maliki supported this attitude and many of these corrupt politicians still remain in the government. This is the batter now being fought between good and evil in Iraq.

Article Begins

THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE INCLUSION OF ALL IRAQIS LIVE UNDER THE POVERTY LINE OF SOCIAL WELFARE LAW

Radio NAWA
09/09/2015 21:41
Deputy Chairman of the House of Representatives Hamoudi, Wednesday, the inclusion of every Iraqi who is below the poverty social welfare law line, calling for the conversion of the amounts that are deducted and fines to the Welfare Fund.

Hamoudi said during his meeting with Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Mohammad Xiaa Sudanese, according to a statement his office, "The Social Welfare Act ensures that every Iraqi below the poverty line financial resource", praising "the role of the ministry in a detailed data covered by this law set up a rule."

He called Hamoudi to "convert the amounts deducted by withholding the ration card for the rich and the collection of electricity and fines to fund social welfare, "stressing" the importance of holding a joint meeting with the Finance committees, and women, family and childhood, and Labor and Social Affairs, with the Ministry of Labor to resolve all obstacles and discuss the necessary files that affect the needs of citizens.
For his part, the price of the Minister of Labor, according to the statement, "the House of Representatives efforts in the adoption of the labor law, which is one of the important laws that preserve the rights of the scourge of unemployment and worker struggling dramatically."

Article Ends

Months ago I presented in my news letter that I knew that it was now a clear policy of USA that Iran must leave Iraq and along with the 1 mill + Qud forces. This would of course leave a gap in fighting forces against ISIS and DAASH. So who would fill this gap?

Part of the reason US ground forces were not more deployed in Iraq to fight ISIS is that they do not want to fight along side Qud forces or in joint operations with them. They are afraid of getting mixed up in a civil war in Iraq. So this requirement is not optional and it must happen prior to any RV and a major USA ground force engagement of combat troops. Abadi has been told this many times while visiting the USA. We can now openly see this new policy of Iraq in the article below. Oh – but many intel “gurus” said this did not matter. Really? So was Mnt Goat right again?

Article Begins

IRAQ'S PRIME MINISTER IS TURNING AGAINST IRAN

RGC Quds Force chief Qassem Soleimani said the world will be surprised by upcoming events in Syria.

Qassem Soleimani has many nicknames, generally containing one or both of the words “shadow” or “dark.” However, the commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Quds Force has been operating in the light since the devastating advance of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) began in the summer of 2014, but a year later is seeing him begin to wear out his welcome with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi.

Tasked with organizing the defense of the Shi’a holy sites in central Iraq and leading the Shi’a militias called up in the panic following the collapse of the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF), Soleimani has been seen regularly on the front lines and in Baghdad. With the power of the militias behind him, he has come to be seen as attempting to assert himself as the power behind the government, Iraq’s very own eminence grise.

The past month, though, has seen an ever-wider rift growing between Prime Minister Abadi and Soleimani, one that may threaten the relationship between Iran and Iraq as a whole. Abadi once spoke respectfully about Soleimani and Iran’s role in the country and the fight against ISIS. While perhaps not warmly, it was at least grateful and realistic about the need for Iranian assistance.

That has changed dramatically, though. Luckily, perhaps, for Abadi, events on the streets are working in his favor. The popular protests against corruption and government inefficiency that have spread around Iraq have crossed sectarian lines, but have been particularly aggressive towards Shi’a politicians in the south of the country.

Long-seeking the support for wide-ranging reforms, Abadi leapt at the chance to introduce anti-corruption measures and a purge of the government ranks. An ambitious seven-point plan of reforms was passed by the parliament, recognizing the support Abadi had and themselves eager to placate the protesters.

Security details for ministers and other ranking members of the government were massive, often running into the hundreds; Abadi has ordered these details cut dramatically and the extras shipped off to the front line to fight ISIS. Corruption investigations would be opened, and older ones re-opened. Sectarian quotas, which dictated how government positions would be parceled out, were now to be disregarded in favor of a merit-based appointment system.

The posts of Vice President and Deputy Prime Minister were henceforth canceled. While outwardly seeming like a simple initiative, cutting another piece off the bloated bureaucracy, it also meant Abadi had made a momentous decision. One of those Vice Presidents was none other than Nouri Al-Maliki, the previous Prime Minister, who still commanded significant power in the country. Abadi had just fired Maliki.

That wasn’t all Abadi had in store for Maliki; a parliamentary investigation into the fall of Mosul to ISIS last year that found him to be among those responsible was turned over to prosecutors. Maliki is now facing the possibility of a public trial in both military and civilian courts for his role. Rumors out of Baghdad say that members of Maliki’s State of Law Coalition could bolt to other parties as his fall from grace continues.

Abadi also has the support of two very important leaders in Iraq. The first is Shi’a cleric, political figure, and militia leader Muqtada al-Sadr who, with his parliamentary bloc, has welcomed Abadi’s efforts. Considered one of “Iran’s Men” in Iraq during the insurgency against American forces, his bloc is now openly supporting a Prime Minister who is moving against Iranian interests in the country.

More importantly, Abadi has the support of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, Iraq’s top cleric and perhaps the single most important person in the country, who urged Abadi onwards and to push aside anyone “who tries to hinder reform, no matter what their position is.”

It also helps that Abadi has the United States of America and Europe firmly behind him, although he could use more tangible support from the West and his Arab neighbors.

Prime Minister Abadi put up with SOLEIMANI’S ROLE, AND INCREASINGLY OPEN ARROGANCE TOWARDS THE GOVERNMENT, MOSTLY BECAUSE HE WAS NEW TO OFFICE AND WAS NOT PARTICULARLY SECURE IN THIS ROLE. Abadi is now just passing the one-year in office mark, and has begun pushing back against Iran in general, but Soleimani in particular.

Iraq's Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi attends an official ceremony to receive four F-16 fighter jets from the U.S., at a military base in Balad

In early August Abadi ordered that shipments on Iranian planes stopping at Baghdad’s airport be searched in line with regular customs code. These planes were seen as carrying supplies for picked pro-Iranian elements Popular Mobilization Forces, which are a mostly-Shi’a militia force, or even destined for Assad regime forces in Syria. In a dramatic confrontation in mid-August, airport authorities demanded an Iranian plane be unloaded and its containers searched, which lead to Revolutionary Guards forces and Iranian diplomats rushing to the scene.

Although the plane eventually was reloaded and left, it was a clear sign that the Iraqi government was no longer going to allow its airports to be used as a way-station for Iranian arms shipments.

In an incident that quickly spread around Iraq, Abadi and Soleimani had a disastrous meeting in mid-August that led to the latter having the leave the room (some stories claim that Abadi actually kicked him out of the meeting). Accompanying former Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki to a gathering of the Iraq’s Shi’a political leaders, Soleimani reportedly launched into a tirade against the proposed reforms spurred by the onset of protests around the country, and especially what he perceived to be impending attacks on Maliki.

SOLEIMANI WAS MET HEAD-ON BY ABADI, WHO LAUNCHED A HEATED COUNTERATTACK IN WHICH HE DEFENDED THE REFORM PLANS AND ASSERTED HIS AUTHORITY AS A PRIME MINISTER who had the support of the people and the religious establishment. THE ENTIRE ROOM WAS SAID TO BE SHOCKED BY ABADI’S BLISTERING RHETORIC AND HIS BOLDNESS “TO DEAL WHAT SEEMED LIKE A HUMILIATING [BLOW] TO A PERSONALITY OF SOLEIMANI’S STATURE.” SOLEIMANI, INCENSED, HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE THE MEETING.

Iranian Revolutionary Guard Commander Qassem Soleimani (L) stands at the frontline during offensive operations against Islamic State militants in the town of Tal Ksaiba in Salahuddin province March 8, 2015.

Although Abadi seems to have the upper hand over Soleimani at this point, that does not mean that the Prime Minister is facing an easy battle. Deputy Justice Minister Abdul Karim al-Faris was kidnapped in Baghdad by gunmen in SUVs, just a week after 18 Turkish workers were also kidnapped.

While it is still unknown who is responsible, fingers are being pointed at Shi’a militias, who play a major role in providing security in the city. However, this leading role has led to accusations of abuse of power and human rights abuses.

Despite recent victories against Qassem Soleimani and Iranian allies in Iraq, the Prime Minister is facing off with a man who is still immensely powerful, backed by tens of thousands of militiamen, not to mention the Iranian government itself.

However, in standing up for himself, Abadi is showing that he is more than ready to assert himself as the leader of Iraq and someone who is not beholden to Iranian goodwill. Whether this is setting up a more dramatic series of confrontations with Soleimani and Iran remains to be seen.

http://www.businessinsider.com/iraqs...#ixzz3lHODMbb2

Article Ends
I have been telling everyone the reason why to the delays in paying the salaries on time has nothing to do about the RV and everything to do about Iraq simply not having the money to pay them. They must recover money stolen from the corruption and revenues from the tariff and customs program now to offset the drop in oil prices and cover the deficit. Now Iraq is moving towards the 2016 budget and they announced they would like to have it prepared by December and ready for parliament at this time. They also announced a yet even larger deficit for 2016 of 50 billion. The 2015 deficit was only half that amount. So how will they manage this deficit?

Article Begins

ABADI: OIL NO LONGER COVERS THE COST OF PRODUCTION AND THE SALARIES OF THE STAFF AND WE HAVE TO RELY ON OTHER ACTIVITIES

The head of the Council of Ministers Haider al-Abadi, on Thursday, that the price of oil dropped below the minimum, which covers the cost of production and the salaries of staff, called to rely on other activities to promote the economy of the country, while stressing the need to hit the corruption and red tape for success in overcoming the financial crisis.

Ebadi said in a speech during the launch of industrial, agricultural and housing loans mechanisms conference and I followed (range Press), "The price of oil fell below the minimum that we need, which covers the cost of production and the payment of salaries," calling to "carry out other activities to make up for the shortfall in revenues Country".

He said al-Abadi, that "the Iraqi state has more than four million employees, a figure more than twice the staff in the countries where the number of citizens who exceed twice the number of Iraqi citizens," stressing that "this is not a call to reduce the number of employees."

He pointed Abadi, that "Iraq is able to overcome the economic crisis through the fight against corruption and red tape," pointing out that "this will require the cooperation of all, including citizens."

Article Ends

Till next time…. Auf Wiedersehen!

Peace and Luv To Ya All,
Mnt Goat

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down