Iraqi Dinar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

((Statement of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq Martin Kobler before the Security Council))

Go down

((Statement of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq Martin Kobler before the Security Council)) Empty ((Statement of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq Martin Kobler before the Security Council))

Post  Admin Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:35 am

Published in: 8:48 am, March 27, 2013 by ipa

New York on March 21 - March 2013

Thank Mr. Aalris,

I have the honor to present to the Council the day the second report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph VI of resolution 2061 in 2012 on the activities of the United Nations Mission to help Iraq (S/2013/154). Council members also I'll share the latest developments in Iraq.

Mr. President,

I would like at the outset to address the two major events and contradictory Hhdahma Iraq recently.

In the twenty-seventh of the month of February to February, landed plane of Iraqi Airways Flight 157 at Kuwait International Airport. This was the historic journey is the first since the cessation of commercial flights between Iraq and Kuwait before the twenty-two years.

This event confirmed the strong desire of the leaders of Iraq and Kuwait to open a new page the bilateral Faalaqathma, which is heavier burden history.

However, a few days after the event, and in the fourth of March - March, more than forty Syrian soldiers and ten Iraqis were killed inside Iraqi territory. The week also saw a series of heinous terrorist attacks which added more innocent people to the long list of victims of such attacks.

These incidents show how Iraqis face a complex set of interrelated problems, including the real possibility of violence spilling over from Syria to Iraq. The feed destabilization caused by the political and security challenges facing Iraq, which threatens the advances that have been made over the past decade.

Since late December - last December, tens of thousands demonstrated in the western provinces of Iraq to express their grievances. The demands of those stationed demonstrators - who feel marginalized and lack of protection and security - on human rights and access to basic services.

I saw this with my colleagues directly on the ground in Ramadi, Samarra, Mosul, Fallujah, Tikrit and Kirkuk. We heard through Julatna in various parts of the country to express the feelings of frustration among the protesters who spoke with the passage of time a sharper tone and suggested a more radical solutions.

Reflected the volatile situation on the street also at the political level. Vwazzra belonging to the Sunni Iraqi List bloc continue to boycott cabinet meetings for nearly three months, while the weakening of political alliances. The bottom line is that the political fabric fading.

The government has undertaken several initiatives to respond to the demands of the demonstrators. For my part welcomed these efforts yielded some results.

Among these initiatives form a committee headed by Deputy Prime Minister Hussein al-Shahristani. The Commission announced that it facilitated the release of nearly three thousand and four hundred prisoners. In addition, all prisoners were transferred to Mhafezathen, where سيقضين what is left of them penalties.

Those measures came as a direct response to the demands of the demonstrators.

The Committee re-exchange pension eleven thousand of retired government employees were members of the former Baath regime. The committee reported Shahristani that decisions - taken along with decisions on other issues - including nearly one hundred thousand people.

The focus of the second commission, headed by Dr. Ibrahim al-Jaafari, leader of the National Alliance to find common ground for three thorny legislation which the Anti-Terrorism Act, and the law of accountability and justice, and a new law for a general amnesty. Remains to be achieved concrete results in this regard.

Mr. President,

Since the outbreak of the demonstrations, and I'm trying to advance political dialogue and national reconciliation in the country. Has offered to do our offices endeavors, first as a means of transferring information between the protesters and the government.

And expressed our position as follows:
First: Mission actor and neutral. We remain on equal distance from all parties, and we do offer our offices both endeavors to mediate or supervision or attendance as a witness in any agreement reached through negotiation.

Second, the mission is not neutral when it comes to the field of human rights. Has opposed the growing use of sectarian speech, and encouraged to adhere to the principle of non-violence, including among the demonstrators. Let the government to exercise maximum restraint.

Third, the mission urges the Government to respond immediately to popular demands that could be considered in the short term. The other demands, there will be a need for more time to respond to them.
The demonstrations continued for nearly three months is that the lack of trust between the components of the Iraqi society of Shiites, Sunnis, Kurds and other communities much deeper than that

And threatens a deep mistrust political fabric and community ties that should unite Iraqis within a unified state based on the federal Constitution.

Mr. President,

Still members of all ethnic and social groups, without exception, are constantly exposed to terrorist acts, killings and kidnappings, including those targeted in the exercise of their religious rites.
And terrorists seek to ignite sectarian strife and re-clock Alwaleed stability in Iraq to back.

The lost these terrorist acts during the period between November - November of 2012 and February to February of 2013, a total of one thousand three hundred of them civilians, were killed and more than three thousand of innocent Iraqis were injured. In addition to this, received nearly six hundred members of the Iraqi security forces have been killed and more than a thousand others were injured as a result of these heinous acts.

Has condemned these acts in the strongest possible terms, and I called all Iraqi leaders and religious authorities to establish a one-stop to stop the bloodshed.

On the other hand, the Istmraltotr in relations between the central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government. Kirkuk remains a hotbed of tension in Arab relations - Kurdish. In the sixteenth of January - January, for example, resulted in a series of attacks that killed six and twenty people and wounded one hundred and ninety others.

There is a feeling of bitterness to the absence of President Talabani, who is a real stabilizing factor in Iraq. I wish him from this podium a speedy recovery.

I strongly encourage further talks between the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga forces on the withdrawal and redeployment of forces.

And fruitful relations between the central and regional governments, the ratification of the distribution of oil revenues and oil and gas law is a critical issue.

And I invite Parliament and the political blocs to reach a consensus of opinion in this regard without any delay.

I want to reiterate to the parties concerned accidental doing good offices and ask Thaliha good faith.
The sharing of the enormous wealth of Iraq in a fair and equal manner is considered necessary precondition for rebuilding confidence.

Mr. President,

Scheduled to hold provincial elections in Iraq in less than a month. The Cabinet decided on the nineteenth of March - March to postpone those elections in the provinces of Nineveh and Anbar for six months, due to the deteriorating security situation in the two provinces.
Have expressed concern about that decision, because citizens in these two provinces are looking to make those elections with great hope.

While continuing the Independent High Commission for Elections technical preparations for the elections in all four provinces, has appealed to the government and UNHCR to ensure the conduct of those elections on time in a peaceful and secure atmosphere.

I want to commend the leadership of the Electoral Commission for elections and especially its president Mr. Serbst Rasheed Office also Bmozfoa and Bmozfbn working polling stations and acknowledge the excellent work that they do.

But unfortunately, despite the efforts that we do, there has been no unanimity of opinion with regard to the ratification law on the conduct of elections in Kirkuk province.

Mr. President,

Iraq is committed to strengthening its relations with its neighbors. In doing so, it wants to assume its proper place in the region and the Arab world and the international community as a whole. I have been referred to the progress made towards the normalization of relations between Iraq and Kuwait, including the positive steps taken by Iraq in order to fulfill what is left assumed duties under Chapter VII of the Charter. The project will be completed maintenance of the border between the major milestones in the process.

The completion of the removal of barriers at the border, especially three homes in Umm Qasr, a necessary step in this regard. It is understood that such a move is considered a sensitive and politically difficult for Iraq, but it must be done by the thirty-first of March - March.

I also urge the Government of Iraq to accept the money that was allocated in collaboration with the United Nations, to compensate Iraqi farmers pursuant to Security Council resolution 899 (1994). It is my sincere hope that the result of progress that has been made in that area to a consensus on more of the outstanding issues, including the file missing Kuwaiti nationals and the issue of missing Kuwaiti property. I felt during my most recent visit to Kuwait on March 5 - March spirit of optimism with the Kuwaiti leadership. For this, and a great deal of hope, I welcome with great hope the upcoming visit, which will be conducted by the Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jabralmbark to Baghdad in the near future.

In December - December, visited Saudi Arabia. And I felt the possibility of strengthening relations between Iraq and Saudi Arabia is possible in many areas including:

• exchange of prisoners based on the agreement reached between the two sides - and there will be a noble gesture in the event that an agreement is reached before the holy month of Ramadan.
• the opening of the border crossing between Saudi Arabia and Iraq, which has a length of eight hundred miles.
• the active participation of the two countries and the commitment of the new regional initiative led by the United Nations Environment Programme to combat sand and dust storms.

I urge the two countries to benefit from the visit of the recent high-level Iraqi delegation to Riyadh. Vttabie relations will benefit the two peoples and the two countries and the region in general.

United Nations Mission began to help Iraq more than a year ago to make great efforts to facilitate the transport of humanitarian to the residents of Camp Ashraf to the site of the transit camp of freedom and transferred to other countries.
I would like to express once again my best best wishes on the occasion of Nowruz, especially for the residents of Camp Liberty and Camp Ashraf.

The emphasis was placed on the need to move the camp residents to outside Iraq on 9 February to February, when an attack on freedom camp killed eight people and wounded forty of its inhabitants. We denounced in the strongest terms, I and the Secretary-General and others, so the attack. And fully supported applications submitted by the Iraqi government at the highest levels to improve security in the camp of freedom. The government remains responsible for the safety of the population of the camps and security in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding signed with the United Nations on December 25 - December of 2011. The government has assured me it will not spare any effort to prevent further attacks.

We are faced with two major problems:

First, the only lasting solution is to transfer the residents of the camps outside Iraq. I visited Albania on March 15 - March for talks with Prime Minister Berisha. I welcome the decision of the Government of Albania to accept two hundred and ten of the camp residents may soon be next month. And draw my sincere thanks to the Albanian Government on such a humanitarian gesture. Albania thus the first country to accept hosting a large number of people in the camps in Iraq. I urge other countries to take similar steps. However, the residents of Camp Liberty, and although other suggestions for hosting, still boycotting interviews transport with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). I join my voice to the Secretary-General in urging them to cooperate fully with the Commission. Frod host must accept.

Secondly, there is still a hundred people in Camp Ashraf refuse to join the team the largest number in the camp of freedom, unless it is the completion of the negotiations on the property. And urge the Government of Iraq and the population to engage in a constructive dialogue with each other in order to resolve this issue. I urge people to hire lawyers for that purpose.

Finally, I also appeal to the leadership of the camp to do the following:

• not prevent residents who wish to leave to do so.
• To cooperate with the Iraqi authorities with regard to medical treatment services.
• to refrain from aggressive behavior against observers of the United Nations have, and who should be able to interact freely with the residents of Camp Liberty.

I would like to thank the Member States, especially the United States and the European Union for their financial contributions, and support for efforts to achieve a peaceful settlement of the issue of Camp Ashraf and the camp of freedom.
I would also like, at the same time, to acknowledge the hard work done by the staff of the United Nations totaling one hundred and thirty-six, including Stone of members of the security forces, who are working actively to resolve this file.

Mr. President,

Having talked at length about the MEK, which is composed of three thousand and two hundred members, I would like to point out that the broader humanitarian effort focuses on three groups: Syrian refugees, returnees from Syria and internally displaced persons. Iraq currently embraces about two hundred and twenty thousand of Syrian nationals who fled to Iraq in search of safety and humanitarian aid. The majority of Syrian refugees now in the Kurdistan region. And enter the country every day an average of eight hundred people. And lead the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) country team on humanitarian issues in carrying out large-scale emergency response to the humanitarian needs of the refugees. And will support the operation of the Government of Iraq in their effort to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees.

I would like to commend the Government of Iraq for their generosity and hospitality to refugees from individuals and families who went to Iraq in search of safety and security. I urge the Government to continue its generosity reopening existing and Rabia border. I also call upon all Member States to expedite increase their contributions to the plan to respond to the needs of the refugees, which still need funding until after June to June 2013.

In addition to this, some eighty thousand people have fled Iraq from Syria back to Iraq during the past few months. These falls within the wide range consisting of one million and two hundred thousand internally displaced persons. The returnees needs and internally displaced persons for humanitarian assistance quickly. And Most of these people live in informal settlements poor condition and constantly face the threat of expulsion. So فالعائدون displaced in need of basic services, schools and public health facilities appropriate. And call on the Government to increase the size of its assistance to Iraqi returnees from Syria, and accelerate the pace of delivery of them. I also call upon the Government to ensure the reintegration of returning Iraqis quickly.

Mr. President,

I would now like to turn to the general situation of human rights in Iraq, and the administration of justice in particular. It is still a matter of concern, as many of the detainees still complain of abuse and ill-treatment and torture, particularly in prisons under the authority of the Ministry of Interior.

We should not accept any cases of torture. The confessions under torture is acceptable. The courts continued to suffer from a lack of resources, causing the length of delay to address the issues, and exceeding the legal limits in many cases. I wish to reiterate the invitation of the Secretary-General of Iraq, to ​​consider the possibility of implementing a moratorium on all executions in accordance with the decisions of the relevant General Assembly. The respect for the rights of women, children and persons with disabilities is still not consistent either.

These groups face discrimination and other social and cultural obstacles and legal that prevent their full participation in the economic life and social and political developments in Iraq.

Despite the problems mentioned, Iraq is making progress in regard to the establishment of the High Commission for Human Rights, with the active support of the Government of Iraq, and the assistance of the United Nations. The Committee will serve as the cornerstone of the system is owned by the Iraqis and they manage in order to ensure human rights for all the citizens of Iraq in the future and protection and promotion of and respect.

With respect to matters related to the environment, dust storms became a major problem for the Iraqi people and the peoples of the region. The dust storms blowing in the region, mainly from Iraq. The economy suffered dust storms from the airports and the end of agricultural land annual economic losses of up to billions of dollars. Also overstretch dust storms the public health system significantly. It overwhelmed hospitals in persons who need to receive treatment due to respiratory infections caused by inhaling dust.

Last month, I attended with the region's environment ministers meeting held in Nairobi, hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme. And Blorena political agreement and clear with regard to the need to address the issue of sand and dust storms. The program will the United Nations Environment lead in establishing a regional program, in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society. A trust fund has been established for that effort, and I appeal to Member States, in particular those affected by the dust storms in the region, to contribute to the resources.

I also welcome the initiative of the Government the United Arab Emirates to host the next regional meeting to discuss more concrete steps.

Mr. President,

As in all previous Ahatata to the Council, I would like to conclude by addressing the pressing problems facing the youth of Iraq. After the devastating effects of the war, he remained young Iraq largely alone defending themselves in the midst of a brewing political crisis. The proportion of youth unemployment is 23 per cent.

I have made youth a priority because they are their capabilities and enthusiasm represent the future of Iraq. And will pay a wheel efforts to achieve stability, security and prosperity, which is how all Iraqis to build it. And warmly welcome the Government's efforts to develop a plan for youth. It is scheduled to launch a national strategy for young people, in the second quarter of 2013, with the support of the United Nations Fund for Population.

In February to February, I visited three holy places in Baghdad with the required me thirty young fanciest of different faiths and backgrounds. And we sat down together at shrines, churches and temples in order to discuss what unites us, along with our differences. And I saw for myself that reconciliation in Iraq can be released from the youth.

The Mission will continue to provide a platform for young people to express themselves, and empower them and disclosure procedures that will build their country.

Mr. President, in conclusion, I am thinking that the Iraqi people enjoy three important elements: ancient civilization and rich and vibrant youth and natural resources. I hope that Iraq remains steadfast and firm determination in this challenging time and benefit from these ingredients to move the country forward.

Thanks to the continued support of Member States, the mission will continue to provide assistance to the people and Government of Iraq in the framework of the tasks assigned to it. I would like to thank the Government of Iraq for their cooperation during the year 2013, as was the case in previous years.

As I want you, Mr. President, record my sincere thanks to the Security Council for its continuous support.

Thank you.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://ipairaq.com/%25D8%25A8%25D9%258A%25D8%25A7%25D9%2586-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2585%25D9%2585%25D8%25AB%25D9%2584-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AE%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B5-%25D9%2584%25D9%2584%25D8%25A3%25D9%2585%25D9%258A%25D9%2586-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25B9%25D8%25A7%25D9%2585-%25D9%2584%25D9%2584%25D8%25A3%25D9%2585%25D9%2585/&usg=ALkJrhhWrBPbFN79P9fKSkuTSlPthHx-lg

Admin
Admin

https://iraqidinar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down