Iraqi Dinar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Nations representative in Iraq, Iran shall provide and discuss with officials there stability in the region

Go down

United Nations representative in Iraq, Iran shall provide and discuss with officials there stability in the region Empty United Nations representative in Iraq, Iran shall provide and discuss with officials there stability in the region

Post  Admin Fri May 11, 2012 10:48 am

Friday, May 11 / May 2012 16:34

[Baghdad - where]

The Special Representative of Secretary-General in Iraq, Martin Kobler said the discussions that he held during his visit to Iran this week were constructive and very productive.

He said the UN News Centre said in a statement received by the agency and all of Iraq [where] Kubler today that he visited the Islamic Republic of Iran within the framework of the territorial jurisdiction of the United Nations mission to help Iraq (UNAMI).

He added that the Kubler went at the start of the visit to the area of Isfahan honor and respect for the history and culture of Iran, and after he met with Iranian Foreign Minister, Ali Akbar Salehi, in the Iranian capital, Tehran, also met with senior officials of the Iranian government.

The statement said the Special Representative discussed the issues related to stability and peaceful development in the region, where the United Nations to provide technical assistance at the request of the two governments on issues of combating sandstorms and mine-clearing and water management.

The statement quoted Kubler said: "Iran will play a crucial role in this region." And added: "I have come to Tehran to hear the views of the Iranian government on issues of importance to Iraq and Iran and to discuss ways through which the mission to support the efforts of both countries to implement the mandate of the regional delegation . discussions were constructive and very fruitful, and I thank the Iranian government for its hospitality and express my deep appreciation for the support of the Iranian government of the mission. "

Kubler's visit to Tehran is his first since his appointment as head of the United Nations Mission in Iraq in August 2011, succeeding D. Melkert. / End

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alliraqnews.com%2F

Admin
Admin

https://iraqidinar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down